Saturday 17 July 2010


My life has been a drunken haze for the last few days , i bought a digital camera and took this photo of a guy that lives down my street . He suffers from a form of schizophrenia and is addicted to alcohol and drugs . He only spoke to me once whilst I was queuing at a cash point to get some money , tapping me on the shoulder like he's my best pal and starts chatting , I had no idea who he was and didn't realise that he lived in my street . I saw him again a few days later sitting like he is in the photo and I said "hi" , he completely ignored me , didn't seem to even see me . Bill who lives further down the street called me over and filled me in with all the details of this guys mental health and addiction issues . I always say hello when I see him and for the last 3 years he's ignored me , I don't take offence , he's lost in a world that I wouldn't want to visit .

No comments:

Post a Comment