Wednesday 23 June 2010

Up early for my appointment with the substance misuse service at 10am , I arrive early , I'm always early for everything . The waiting room is an awful area with addicts waiting for prescriptions for methadone , others waiting to give urine samples , others seeing counsellor's . Most are under the influence of their drug of choice , a chap sitting next to me starts rambling on about something , no idea what he's talking about , I did here the word wedding and something about his daughter , I could smell a faint whiff of alcohol on his breathe but he was off his head on something much more evil , he reminds me of an old pal of mine and I feel pity for him , looks happy enough though so leave him to whatever he does .
My name is called and immediately I recognise the guy from previous visits , He remembers me and had kept my notes from my previous 2 de-tox's , knows all about the problems with my daughter and that my spine is bolted together , I tell him about crashing my car pissed . He asks me to wait for him back in the area with all the other addicts . 5 mins later he's back and tells me to come tommorow for a check by the doctor and that he's got me a place starting next monday on the detox at millview hospital . God bless him , 3rd time lucky , PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment