Thursday 24 June 2010

The Streets of Sobriety.


I sold my PS2 this afternoon to get money for alcohol , 1 console and 5 games , the shopkeeper gave me £9 , my lounge is starting to look so bare , all the DVDs have gone apart from my real special ones , Harry Potter , Jaws and a few Rocky's , no way will they be sold and my all time favourite Quadrophenia I'd fight to the death for .
My appointment to see the Dr concerning my detox was at 2.40pm and I was anxious to get this over with so turned up 40 Min's early , remember the £9 in my pocket was for booze and I need a drink so hope to be seen straight away , my plan backfires and I'm seen early and thoroughly examined mentally and physically , she asked me what day it was an which town we were in , what season of the year we were in then started to ask me questions about my behaviour and issues I have with the police , she thinks I have ADHD and a form of BI-POLAR but until I've detoxed and been sober for 6 months they won't even assess me ! , I'm in her surgery nearly 2 hours and she bitches that I have held her up , she's fucking holding me up , alcohol is on my mind and I need to be on my way . She takes my blood which with all doctors seems to be a big deal , can't find a vein , drops the fucking needle , tells me she cant understand why the blood isn't going into the tube , nurses job to take blood , doesn't know what she's doing .
Out on the Street I'm heading autopilot to Iceland , Special deal on my favourite drop , buy 2 and get a pound off , picked up some mustard ham to disguise the 6 litres of poison in my basket , do they think that I'm an alcoholic , feeling paranoid but almost wanting to tell the guy on the till that I have just been diagnosed with MADNESS, I laugh with the checkout boy , the old lady in front of me snaps at him that the food is to heavy as she places it in her pensioners wheelie basket , tartan style , she didn't sound Scottish , probably on her grandmother side.
Bus home and drink then sort out my new friend Annabell , I'd insulted her and needed to apologise , she's so cool and forgiving .

No comments:

Post a Comment