Friday 18 June 2010

Spend , Spend , Spend , this afternoon i hit the town and purchased 2 pairs of trainers , 2 pairs of jeans and 3 t-shirts at a cost of £140 , the money has to be spent otherwise Mr alcohol will want his cut , always does and wont leave you alone until he gets it .
There's a certain pleasure in lacing up trainers just the way you like them and when i got back home this occupied me for an hour , they look good now and I'm pleased with them , i tried the jeans on in the shop so they went straight into the cupboard with the t-shirts.
Aware that the England football team are playing tonight against Algeria in the world cup Mr Alcohol reminds me I have £40 sitting on the coffee table and would it not be a good idea to have a beer with the match , he'd in fact kept me up all night asking , begging , pleading for another payout , just one more and then I'll leave you alone forever , promise , scouts honour , cross my heart and hope to die.
The off license that i use closed down 5 months ago , i was pleased as it was 3 Min's walk and served my favourite tipple , i knew the staff and were on first name terms , it was far to easy and convenient . I noticed some activity in the empty shop 2 weeks ago and wondered who would take it over and what they might sell . It opened 3 days ago as a mini shop that sells paper's , cat food , sandwiches , washing powder and BOOZE !!!! I popped in to get some cigarettes , having a quick look around out of nosiness as much as anything , the shops divided into 2 halves , one half provisions as i said above and the other half jam packed with all the super strong lagers and ciders , fuck why couldn't they open a cafe or a shoe shop , a flower shop would have been lovely , i bought some tobacco and left the shop steering towards Morrison's to buy food for the weekend , then walked back and had a double take , did i really see 15 cans of cider for £9.99 , Mr Alcohol is screaming "go back , go back , its a bargain , get some today , you don't ever have to go in the shop again ". " No fuck off , I'm going to buy some food , not booze .
In the supermarket i buy steak , chicken , milk and deodorant , the queues are huge and i join the shortest one i can see and start to sweat , i feel paranoia and push the ladies shopping in front of me further along the conveyor belt so at least I can feel I'm nearly on my way to paying the checkout girl and on my way out into the fresh air . Pay the young girl who shouts to a mate of hers " I'm off in half a fucking hour " then i walk with my goods and decide to take the bus up the hill , the bus is packed full of shopper's and workers making there way home , " they'll all be watching the match and having a good piss up Mr Alcohol shouts in my ear , "go on get off the bus and pop into the new shop and buy those 15 cans for a tenner , give it up tomorrow , I'll leave you alone I promise . I pop back into the new shop and buy the 15 cans and the fucking foreign owner pulls a face when i ask for a bag.
I walk home around the back way so my neighbours don't see I've bought more booze .

1 comment: