Tuesday 29 June 2010

Boozy Floozie .


Today I met a lady that could drink a bottle of vodka in 3 minutes , now that's fucking drinking , I chatted to her in the back garden of the detox unit and she told me her liver was fucked , she arrived the same time as me this morning and didn't want to go onto the ward , her son was carrying her bags and slowly he coaxed her through the door. It wasn't her first visit and said the last time she had completed the detox , the first thing she did on leaving was go for a drink , Mr Alcohol has got his dirty fucking hands wrapped right around her throat , she looked confused and old , she was only in her 40's I should think but looked more like 60!
We discussed the ads and disadvantages of alcohol in our little group after some chill pills , another member joined us called Jay , He was to pissed yesterday so came along today , He is homeless and lives in a car park with a guy he met in prison , he was asleep for most of the day , I don't know if it was the medication or the fact he's living on the streets . There's spare beds on the ward but he doesn't want to stay so goes back home to his car park with his mate who funnily enough doesn't drink .
Lunch time , more pills and I eat my lunch and put the big flat screen TV on in our room and watch the tennis , things aint that bad , I'm thinking to myself . The afternoon is spent chatting about how we could benefit from kicking Mr A into touch , I fantasise about some exotic holiday or days out in london looking around galleries , others in the group are concerned about loosing their social lives as they meet pals in pubs and clubs , I dont have this problem , nobody will drink with me as my behaviour becomes menacing so I have been an indoor drinker ever since they banned smoking from Pubs , too fuking painful in the winter , in and out the pub every 10 minutes for a fag , Bollocks to that !
We had our injections just before leaving and the bus bouncing up and down the road on my way home made me wince , I almost got off and ended up standing for most of the journey .
(sorry if my spelling isn't correct but checker not working)

No comments:

Post a Comment