Monday 14 June 2010

I arrived half an hour early for the meeting and after a cup of tea the room fills to an alarming level , everybody knows each other and kisses and cuddles are given out generously , a guy sits next to me and tells me he's been sober for 22 years and points to an elderly lady in the corner who hasn't touched a drop of booze in 38 years , i was 5 years old when she last had a drink , seems inconceivable to me , does she still need to attend alcoholics anonymous to keep sober , she was a jolly old girl who said her life was fantastic and was shortly going to celebrate her suicide attempt of 38 years ago by visiting a business convention in USA.
As the meeting drew to a close i started feeling a bit dissapointed , these people were just like me , their thoughts and drunken behaviours were just like mine , fuking bonkers , I thought i was a one off but im definately not , these people are all a mixture of me , madness , violence , some form of bi-polar , up and down , left and right , inside out and back to front , the only difference is that these facinating people were managing their minds SOBER!

No comments:

Post a Comment