Wednesday 30 June 2010


Banks , I fucking hate em , get all your money then still try and stitch you up with charges , robbing bastards feeding their fat cat Big Bosses ! Just had to get that off my chest.
Ricky is having trouble at home , his misses was pissed up again last night and she had promised to keep sober and support him for the first 2 weeks of the detox . She's out with her mates this afternoon getting fitted for her wedding dress and he knows when he goes home there will be 6 pissed women in his house , he's getting lots more medication than the others in our group and is still suffering with the shakes really bad . He's due to be married in August and is so upset about his ladies behaviour that he is starting to doubt if she is the women for him , he explains with tears in his eyes . The medication is making his speech slurry and it's sometimes difficult to understand what he is saying but his face is telling everyone " heartbreak" .
A new guy joins the full time inmates , his arms are slashed to bits through self harm and he's rattling , he blew a 120 on the breathalyzer so it's to dangerous to give him any medication , I go down to the garden for a smoke and there he is sitting on his own , I ask him if he's OK and he says he feel terrible , he's been up all night drinking , just getting that last bit in , we all did it and now he's coming down and had to wait until he is sober enough to get some happy pills . A crowd of us gather around the seating area and he goes back upstairs probably cursing the fact that he decided to visit Millview and not wanting the company of us so soon , give him a couple of days and he won't want to go home , I guarantee it . About 10 of us sit and stand smoking and listen to music off an ipod with speakers , a girl called Tinx is the D.J. , she is small , very pretty , dressed in a pink mini skirt , very low cut top and from Scunthorpe . We are a happy bunch and everyone is smiling and joking , usual chit chat , Ricky is sitting there messing with his mobile phone not speaking to anybody , quietly smouldering .

Jay didn't turn up today , if I were homeless and sleeping on cardboard I would make no fucking attempt to be sober either , maybe he'll come in tomorrow ?

This blogging thing is really catching on , a couple of members of my group want the e-mail address so they can start there own . They ask me if they can read mine , no , no , no .

Since Monday I had seen bods walking around with packets of biscuits , assuming they had purchased them from the little shop on the ground floor I tried to ignore them as I haven't had any money all week . this morning however whilst making a coffee a jar with biscuits catches my eye and I have a sneaky look , WOW it's packed with all sorts of lovelies , bourbons , custard creams , digestives , so I grab a couple of packs and sit in the day room happily munching away on my goodies . In case you didn't know alcohol is packed with sugar and when you give it up the craving for sugar is enormous . Im getting paid tomorrow and will for certain be buying a tonne of ice cream .

2 comments:

  1. Remember to get Malted Milk biscuits, Jim! :p

    (I am rooting for you all the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put u down as 1 of my crisis phone calls today , hope you dont mind .

    ReplyDelete