Wednesday 30 June 2010

A bottle in the garden ?

Had an awful nights sleep , woke up covered in sweat at 1.30am , didn't really settle properly but must have dropped off as the alarm woke me at 6am . Stomachs upset and I'm vomiting into the sink , this is normal for my detox , I know my body well enough and had expected some reaction . Bath , tea and cigarettes and I'm feeling fine if a little sweaty but it's a warm day so that's OK .
Report into Millview detox and have the usual breathe test and blow a big ZERO , I tell the nurse Ive been vomiting and sweating so she gives me my pills and I make myself a coffee and sit in the day room and wait for the others to arrive . nothing much is happening so I pop down to the garden for a smoke and chat with the inmate addicts , we sit in the sun and the conversation as always is about alcohol or other drugs . An old fella sits with his legs propped up on a spare chair and is concerned about the blisters and redness of his feet and legs which has mysteriously appeared over night , his teeth are broken and black and he chain smokes roll ups , still dressed in his faded hospital issue orange pyjamas .
We have a quiz which I have done twice before due to my previous visits , same questions , lunchtime , injections in the buttocks which were very painful today . A guy called Rich is feeling angry with his wife , she had promised to stay sober for the 2 weeks he was in detox and she came home late last night pissed and started picking fights with him , then falls asleep and keeps him up all night with her snoring , he rings her today at lunchtime and is furious that she is in the pub having lunch . He got so agitated that was given extra medication , but through very slurry speech was still fuming and threatening to "kick her in the cunt!" , then lock himself in the shed so she wouldn't bother him .
Alarm is raised as an empty bottle of wine is found in the back garden , everyone has to be breathalyzed and suspicious eyes are raised , "who could it be ?" , not me that's for sure . Nobody blows a positive breathe test so it remains a mystery ????
Relaxation session this afternoon , breathing exercises and focusing on different parts of the body , flex the muscles then relax and so on . More pills dispensed for this evening then it's home time , I walk to the bus stop with Jay who is sleeping on the beach tonight , he's got 3 kids and only sees the 1 in Kent but has to get straight then maybe move closer .

No comments:

Post a Comment