Monday 23 August 2010

What a windy night , doors banging and curtains flapping around in the breeze , I kept looking at the huge crane situated very close to my flat and wondering if it was blown over and fell in my direction would it crash through the roof and demolish half the building taking all the residents with it . Didn't get much sleep , fucking back was agony so spent most of the night smoking and watching the torrential rain pour onto the street , needed a good wash , get rid of all the shit and toxicity , ( Put that last bit in for you Annabell )
Up and bathed , I needed to kill time as my appointment with Mike at vantage point wasn't until 2.30 pm, actually dared myself to look at some of the university booklets and listen to an audio Cd's that I'd been sent last month and had been avoiding through fear that I wouldn't have a clue as to what they were talking about .
1.30pm and I'm on the bus , early so that I can have a peep in a jewellers on the way , looking for a bargain sovereign but all they have are those ghastly big rings with the coins mounted and they will all be damaged around the edges . I sit in the waiting area at Vantage point and wait , some guy ponces a roll up , it always happens , every time I go near the place some smack head wants a fag , he was pleased I had the the brown rizla papers and keeps telling me" it's years since I've smoked one of these" , there's is a group of about 10 guys waiting for prescriptions and one is threatening to throw the chair he is sitting on through the window if they don't hurry up with his methadone , another guy shouts out " I clucking me bollocks off ", its a scary place , I remember the first time I went and was fucking terrified , funny how things become normal and desensitised , I sit and wait , not worried , I've nothing else to do.
Mike calls my name and I'm up in a flash then down with a bash , my back has seized up , I hold my hand up and gesture to give me a second , slowly get myself out of the chair and say " hi " , he's smiling which is a relief , I was a little worried that he may say something like " are you taking the piss " , but he was very kind and we chatted for half an hour and got me booked into ANOTHER detox in 2 weeks time , this man is my friend .
I bought booze and came home on the bus .

No comments:

Post a Comment